Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility - we need to work together.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all our children. If you have any concerns about a child at our school, please talk to us.
The following people are our Designated Staff for Child Protection.
Miss Haigh Mrs Naylor Mrs Griffen
Assistant Head Head Teacher Sendco
Designated Deputy Designated Deputy Designated
Safeguarding Lead Safeguarding Lead Safeguarding Lead
At Swinnow we have -
- A safeguarding and Child protection Policy reviewed annually
- Trained designated Safeguarding Lead staff
- A Named governor responsible for Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Up to date training for all staff
- Positiove working relationships with staff from other agencies such as health, social care, Children's Centre,
If you see something outside school which makes you worried about a child's safety, you should contact social care on 0113 222 4403. If you think a child is in immediate danger, you should call the police.
We have produced a leaflet about safeguarding - click here to read, or ask for a paper copy from the office.
Click on the links below for more information.
Pudsey Cluster - services to support families in our area.
Childline - advice about a wide range of issues.
Mindmate - information about mental health and organisations that can help.
NSPCC and O2 - tips for keeping children safe on-line.
CEOP - online safety.